Do your mornings always walk hectic and busy with the children? Is it every day stressing to get everybody ready on time? Some tips for a quieter morning routine.
10 tips for the morning rush hour
A small test: how many of the following statements are familiar to you?
- Go ahead
- Come out of your bed now
- Why, you only find one shoe?
- Do not delay, eat your sandwich!
- Where is your book bag?
- Now we really have to brush our teeth!
- Fast, we are already too late!
Less than 3 checked? Congrats! You do it.
3 or more? Do not panic. You really are not the only ones.
Many parents have the same feeling. It seems as if you have already done half a day’s job if you have taken your offspring to the nursery or school in the morning rush. That is pretty tiring . Especially if you have to start your actual work day afterwards.
SOME TIPS TO TRY IT DIFFERENTLY:
- Code word: routine . A familiar morning rush ritual makes everything run smoothly. Especially young children like a clear schedule where everything runs according to a fixed pattern. Find out which order fits best in your stall: getting up, washing, dressing, eating, brushing your teeth. Try out what is the easiest for you together with keep that system on.
- Think of yourself . Do not run around like a chicken without a head. If necessary, get up fifteen minutes earlier together with also prepare items in advance.
- Give all items a permanent place. So you do not have to search for your departure.
- L’union fiat la force. If your partner is also at home in the morning, divide the tasks . You help in the bathroom, your partner already lubricates the sandwiches, …
- Nothing helps? Enter a points system with reward stickers . Who is ready (or on time), gets a sticker. If the sticker sheet is full, you provide a reward.
together with finally, a golden tip in unforeseen circumstances: a cup of milk that falls over, a child that turns out to be sick, … Occasionally you are confronted with a ‘disaster scenario’. Breathing deeply, keep smiling together with think of all those other days that you do get it quiet …
Do you have any tips or ideas for the morning with babies and young children to run more smoothly? Post them in a comment on this article!